“Guide” Influenza virus is one of the common “enemies” of mankind, especially in the autumn and winter season, it is also one of the high-season flu sickness. The flu virus often makes us uncomfortable for a while. So what are the symptoms of influenza virus? Does the influenza virus fever take a few days to get better? How is influenza virus treated? And how can influenza virus be prevented?
Introduction to Influenza virus
What is influenza virus? Many do not know much about influenza virus; the following looks at the introduction of influenza virus.
Influenza virus is the abbreviation of influenza virus. It can be divided into four types; a (A), b (B), c (C) and d (D). Influenza virus can cause human, poultry, pigs, horses, bats and other animal infections and disease, human influenza, avian influenza, swine influenza, equine influenza and other human and animal diseases of the pathogen.
Influenza virus Symptoms
Influenza caused by influenza virus is a very common cold disease. Before, many flu patients did not know the symptoms of influenza virus therefore delayed and missed the best time for treatment for the influenza disease. So, what do we know about the influenza virus and what are the symptoms of it?
- Pure Influenza- Patients with simple influenza are often suddenly ill and have obvious chills and fever signs. Fevers range from 39 to 40°c and patients will experience headaches, systemic muscle joint pain, extreme weakness, loss of appetite and other symptoms such as sore throats, dry cough, nasal congestion, runny nose, chest discomfort and other clinical symptoms. Simple influenza patients face flushing, conjunctival nasal mild congestion. If there are no complications, most patients have a gradual decline in body temperature on the third or fourth day after the cold and improved systemic symptoms. However, coughing and physical recovery can take up to a week or so. Simple cold mild symptoms and common cold symptoms are very similar, therefore mild symptoms in general return to normal after 3-5 days.
- Pneumonia Type Influenza- This flu is essentially influenza virus pneumonia, which is more common in the elderly, children and people with previous cardiopulmonary diseases.The main clinical signs of pneumonia influenza are persistent high fever, severe coughs, hemoptysis or purulent sputum, shortness of breath, cyanosis and sniffing of moist rattles in the lungs.
- Poisoning Type Influenza- This type of flu usually manifests itself in severe clinical symptoms such as high fever, shock, respiratory failure, damage to the central nervous system and diffuse intravascular coagulation.
- Gastrointestinal influenza- In addition to common colds and fever symptoms, symptoms of this type of flu are also vomiting, abdominal pain and diarrhea as an important clinical manifestation. This type is more common within children than adults in the gastrointestinal tract.
Flu fever lasts only a few days.
The biggest feature of influenza virus often repeatedly not completely cured, so the flu virus in the end a few days to be good?
Common colds in general tend to last a course of a week or so. Generally, only symptomatic and supportive treatment can restore the better. If there is no concurrent bacterial infection, the course of the virus is about 7-10 days.
Influenza virus fever, symptomatic treatment, remember to take medication according to the guidance of the doctor (do not use random medicine). Because the medicine has three points poison, eat wrong, also can aggravate the condition. After the fever, and then conditioning the body, daily attention to food, eat fresh vegetables and fruits, drink plenty of water, appropriate to participate in physical exercise, fever will not be repeated.
If the fever is repeated, then the course of illness may be longer depending on the individual’s physical condition. It is best to take measures to prevent re-infection with the virus.
How influenza viruses are treated
Influenza viruses often plague us for dozens of days, so how can we get rid of the flu virus? Here are some ways to treat influenza viruses.
Early antiviral therapy is the key to improve the prognosis of patients with influenza and avian influenza. The current clinical antiviral drugs can be broadly divided into two categories according to the mechanism of action. One is glycoprotein neuraminidase acting on the surface of the virus and the other is acting on ion channel M2 protein.
Diet conditioning is also a good way, mainly by eating some heat and detoxification of food to recuperate the body. If you are infected with influenza virus, you should adjust your diet during the course of taking the drug.
You should also pay attention to your daily life by avoiding contact in overcrowded areas, avoid eating spicy excitant food, avoid staying up late, do not overwork yourself, to eat more friendly in small portions to improve the body’s resistance to food.
The recovery period is very important so plenty of rest is essential in order to regain strength and ensure a speedy recovery.
How to Prevent Influenza Viruses
Influenza is caused by the influenza virus which can reault in an acute respiratory infection (there is no effective antiviral drug for this). Early detection and early use of medication can do a good job of preventing which is a top priority in our daily life. So how to prevent it?
- Enhance their immunity- Exercise regularly to enhance the body’s immunity and enhance resistance to the virus. Normal work, life, learning should be combined with work and rest, fatigueness can easily lead to reduced immunity, highly susceptible to viral influenza. Strengthen nutrition and have a balanced diet. Diet should be light, full of vegetables and fruits that are rich in vitamins. Children should not consume cold drinks while unwell.
- Insist on washing face with cold water to enhance the nasal mucosa’s ability to adapt to the air. Keep an eye on weather forecast and according to weather conditions dress approriately to protect against cold weather. At the same time, exercise more to enhance the ability to adapt to the environment and the body’s immunity. Also, during a cold epidemic, try to go to less densely populated areas and wash your hands frequently. When feeling a little discomfort, mild dry mouth, snuffly; immediately take medicine, drink plenty of water, pay attention to keeping warm and rest.
- Air conditioning is essential and if you have one at home, you should clean it before use to avoid a large number of germs blowing out with the air. Room temperature is best controlled at 24 ℃ above indoor and outdoor temperature should not be no more than 7 ℃ temperature. During sleep, pay attention to air conditioning or electric fans, do not keep it on for a long period of time and do not use a hair dryer as an air conditioner.
- During summer you sweat more often therefore consumption should be supplemented with adequate nutrition to improve the body’s resistance. Eat more of appropriate edible fish, meat, eggs, milk, beans and other supplemental protein, fresh fruits and vegetables to absorb vitamin C, food such as bitter gourd, peach, cucumber, mung beans and so on.
- Taking preventive drugs can generally reduce the incidence of colds by about 50%. In addition, people with weak physique can be vaccinated early to prevent colds.
- Pay attention to personal hygiene. Wash hands regularly, bathe, change clothes, dry bedding, ventilate the room frequently. If you have a cold and there are others around you with it tok, pay attention and keep away! During cold seasons, avoid interacting as little as possible in crowded places.
- Learn relevant knowledge by understanding flu prevention and treatment, see a doctor early to not delay the illness. At the same time stay in bed to rest, pay attention to keeping warm, reduce activity and drink plenty of water.