“Guide” Heart failure refers to heart failure, also known as heart failure, a condition in which the heart fails to pump blood supplies commensurate with venous return and metabolism in the body’s tissues. This disease causes a number of problems and the probability of heart failure increases with age, so it is important to know something about heart failure.
What are the symptoms of heart failure?
In many cases, some diseases can be judged by the symptoms of the body, but many people, because of their lack of knowledge about heart failure, cannot judge the severity of the disease even if the heart failure shows symptoms. So let’s explain some of the symptoms of heart failure.
The most typical symptom of heart failure is the difficulty of breathing, especially in the event of a noticeable shortness of breath. The most serious symptom is sitting up breathing, coughing and accompanied by a large amount of white velvet, pink foam phlegm, loss of appetite, swelling of the legs and other symptoms. In addition, some people with rheumatic heart disease, acute myocardial infarction, dilated cardiomyopathy, and hypertensive patients to grasp their own physical condition, regular examination of their own heart.
In summer is coming, the body surface blood vessels for heat dissipation will expand, which will aggravate the ischemic anoxic response of patients with cardiovascular and cerebrovascular disease, making the heart and brain cells damage, necrosis, and even aggravate the disease. In addition, in the summer because of the hot weather, the quality of sleep will be greatly reduced, so will seriously affect the quality of life of patients. During this period, patients should take good care of their own body.
What causes heart failure?
Everything happens for a reason. Now more and more old people suffer from heart failure, what is the cause? Or what is the cause of heart failure? Next, we will explain the cause of heart failure.
With regard to the causes of heart failure, we can talk about it from two aspects. From the perspective of western medicine, the main causes of heart failure are the following aspects, such as the reduction of myocardial contractility, the increase of cardiac load, of course, in addition to these inherent causes, there are other causes, such as infection, physical labor, mood swings, climate change, improper treatment, abnormal heart rhythm, pulmonary embolism and high cardiac output, etc.
In addition, in eastern medicine, there are the following causes of heart failure, mainly due to heart and lung, spleen, kidney problems caused by such as heart and lung qi deficiency, heart, spleen and kidney deficiency, qi and yin deficiency and so on. We all know that heart, lung, qi and blood should complement each other, mutual impact, so when the lung problems, easy to produce symptoms of heart failure, such as cough.
What are the categories of heart failure?
There are a large number of clinical cases to prove that heart failure can be divided into acute heart failure and chronic heart failure two major categories, at the same time heart failure can also be divided into the location of failure of the left heart, right heart and total heart failure three categories, of course, there are data to prove that heart failure can also be divided into contractile or diastolic heart failure.
- Acute heart failureThis type of heart failure is caused by acute myocardial damage or increased cardiac load, resulting in acute cardiac arrest, increased lung circulation pressure, resulting in pulmonary circulatory congestion and the emergence of acute pulmonary congestion, pulmonary edema, and even accompanied by clinical syndrome of shock. In other words, this kind of heart failure mainly manifests the rapid, the sudden sickness.
- Chronic heart failureThis type of heart failure refers to a persistent state of heart failure, which can worsen in stability, or may also be decompensated. Chronic heart failure is a more complex clinical syndrome, the main characteristics of this disease is dyspnea, edema, fatigue and other symptoms, in general, the above several cases appear at the same time.
What are the risks of heart failure?
Elderly people are very prone to heart failure, many elderly people think that heart failure is not a major event, but in fact, the damage caused by heart failure is huge, so what are the harm to the human heart failure? Next please read the article.
- Respiratory tract infections. This condition is more common and can lead to bronchitis and pneumonia due to congestion in the lungs during heart failure.
- Thrombus formation and embolism. Long-term bed in patients with heart failure can easily lead to venous thrombosis of the lower limb, which will fall off after a period of time, leading to pulmonary embolism.
- Cirrhosis of the heart. Patients with heart failure due to long-term heart failure, leading to long-term liver congestion and hypoxia, central lobular liver cells atrophy connective tissue hyperplasia, late portal hypertension, manifested a large number of ascites, spleen enlargement and cirrhosis.
- Disturbance of electrolytes. Hypokalemia and saline-loss syndrome are easily caused in patients with heart failure during treatment, especially after repeated use of diuretics. Hypokalemia patients with mild hypokalemia are prone to systemic fatigue and patients with severe heart failure are prone to arrhythmia.
Treatment of heart failure
According to the foregoing, heart failure can be divided into two categories, one is acute heart failure, the other is chronic heart failure, then how should these types of heart failure treatment? The following article will give some suggestions for reference.
- Acute heart failureFirst, if a patient is diagnosed with acute heart failure, it should be in the hospital for standardized treatment, the first should be through the mask or nasal catheter to absorb oxygen, reduce venous reflux, and then when the patient is found to be unstable when not relieved, should be based on systolic pressure and pulmonary congestion status using some vasoactive drugs, specific reference to the doctor’s exhortations. When the illness is serious, should use in time the aorta balloon to beat, the mechanical ventilation support and so on to carry on the treatment.
- Chronic heart failureThe treatment of chronic heart failure is weaker than that of acute heart failure. It is mainly through pharmacological measures such as diuresis, cardiac strengthening, vasodilation and other short-term hemodynamics to transform the condition into a long-term, chronic strategy dominated by neuroendocrine inhibitors, so that after long-term treatment, it can help change the biological nature of the failing heart and thus alleviate the symptoms of heart failure.