“Guide” People who have the pace in work and life, there is the pressure increasing day by day. In this fast-paced high-stress lifestyle, migraine has become a common disease around people. The affected population from children to middle-aged and elderly people are involved. So what is the migraine? What are the symptoms of them that lead to migraine?
What is migraine?
Migraine is actually a chronic neurovascular disease. The first onset of migraine is usually during puberty and occurs more frequently by women than by men. Menstruation, alcohol, emotional anxiety, sleep disorders, excessive fatigue and some foods and drugs can cause migraines, which are familial in nature.
- Food additives and beverages
Migraine inducing beverages are the most common types of alcoholic beverages, such as red wine and others. Cheese, especially hard cheese, is found in dairy products. Other causes of migraines include: foods containing nitrites for example soups, hot dogs, citrus fruits, artificial sweeteners, preserved foods including cured meats and vegetables, and monosodium glutamate.
- Certain drugs
Some people are more sensitive to nifedipine, isopropyl Sls esters and nitroglycerin, which can cause migraine attacks.
People who are often depressed, nervous and angry are more likely to get migraines, and some women complained about migraines when they go to the mall or visit crowded places.
- Hormone changes
Oral contraceptives, menstrual migraines are common triggers, or as a result of aggravated migraines. Pregnancy, sexual life can also lead to migraine attacks.
Sometimes the slightest movement of the head can cause migraine, headaches or exacerbate migraine headaches. Even the car can be for some people a cause for migraine attacks. If you play football you may have migraine headaches if you climb stairs.
Symptoms of migraines
Migraine usually refers to pain on one side of the head and the condition is stubborn and not easy to cure. Migraine can occur repeatedly and bring a lot of pain and distress to the working life of sufferers. Migraine often has the following symptoms:
- No premonitory migraine symptoms. Patients have before the onset of symptoms occasionally a pain on the head side and that slowly increase with repeated attacks. The pain in the frontal part of the headi is a feeling of pulsation, often accompanied by neck muscle contraction, and other complex symptoms. This type of migraine also has frequent sweating, nausea and vomiting, fear of the sound, fear of light, the whole body is unwell and scalp pain and other symptoms.
- There are aura migraines. If you have aura migraines you often feel tired. You are unable to concentrate and yawn before they attack. The most obvious symptoms of aura are visual reactions like blurred vision, dark light spots and changes in the shape of objects. These are things which are followed by headaches. After a migraine attack there are often pulsations on the side of the head, which relieves nausea, nausea, vomiting, severe vomiting, frequent urination and excessive sweating.
- Retinopathy of migraine. The symptoms of this type of migraine are that the eyes appear bright spots, dark spots, flashing. and even blindness. Generally it is limited to one eye appears and then the attacks reapeted.
How can you relieve migraine headaches ?
Migraine is the “big one” of all headaches. It getting progressively worse and if it does,it is later more than often. So once you get migraine, what do you have to do, to relieve it in your daily life?
- Cold compress: Wrap the ice in a towel and apply it to the headache area. Cold compress can cause blood vessels in the head to contract and the symptoms of headaches will be alleviated.
- Attention to rest: Migraine if it attacks, almost sit hard, very uncomfortable. If there is a migraine attack the patient is advised to light in the dark, the environment is relatively quiet rest, it is best to sleep for half an hour, this can also alleviate migraine.
- Massage the head: massage the head, for the relieving of migraine. It is very effective. When you are doing the massage, press the temple with the index finger, also you can use the fist to roll in between the temple and hairline.
- Drink green tea: Green tea is a very suitable drink for migraine sufferers. You can drink some green tea to relieve migraines during an attack.
- Meditation: Listening to some gentle music that pushes the brain quiet into a meditative state so it can relieve migraines.
- Head wrapped Towel: pain, can be wrapped around the temple, the tightness should be appropriate. This can inhibit blood vessel dilation so that migraine is relieved.
How to prevent migraines
Migraine besides certain disease causes in the life many bad habits it also causes the migraine. The reason, therefore is in our life, we should change the bad life habits. The biggest degree comes up to prevent the migraine. How can you prevent this in your life?
- You have to learn to de-stress yourself. Work and life stress can lead to migraines all the time. If you’re troubled by work and life, you have to learn to de-stress yourself to prevent migraines. For example, take a nap when you’re tired, listen to some pleasant music, give yourself a massage to relax, often relieve yourself mentally and use some easy ways to de-stress your spirit.
- Regular exercise. More participate in aerobic exercise can stabilize the nervous system but also can make people alleviate anxiety symptoms, promote tight muscle to improve, for the prevention of migraine has a certain role.
- Rhythm. A normal body clock, adequate sleep and rest time play an important role in preventing migraines.
- Avoid high-calorie foods, desserts, and spicy, stimulating foods that cause migraines and should be rejected for coffee, tobacco, and alcohol.
- Eat fish three times a week, it can prevent migraine headaches.